Friday, May 11, 2012

[ETUDE HOUSE] BAKING POWDER Pore Cleansing Cream

In 2010/2011 [ETUDE HOUSE] released their BAKING POWDER line which cleanses deep inside pores. I got some samples of the Pore Cleansing Foam but never purchased a full size because last year [Holika Holika] released with their Soda Pore Cleansing line some similar products. 
Nevertheless, I ordered the BAKING POWDER Pore Cleansing Cream for removing make-up a few weeks ago which I will review now. I'm also waiting for the new Cleansing Foam Moist!

Products available in this line:
- Pore Cleansing Foam
- B.B Deep Cleansing Foam
- Pore Cleansing Powder Wash
- Crunch Pore Scrub
- Pore Cleansing Cream
- Pore Cleansing Lotion
- Pore Cleansing Mineral Water
- Pore Cleansing Tissues (Oil Type)
- Cleansing Foam Moist *New*

Description: Formulated with baking powder to gently exfoliate skin with a cream texture and penetrate pores to absorb oil and residues for a thorough cleanse.
The round plastic container is white with a blue sticker on it and contains 180ml. The description is in English and Korean on it.
The twist-off lid is light blue! Underneath the lid was a thin cover to protect the cream but I removed it already.
The Pore Cleansing Cream has a very soft & creamy consistency and a white color. 
Although this product contains baking powder it doesn't has any harsh particles inside like the cleansing foam does. I love the citrus scent which you can smell in almost all BAKING POWDER products!
What I don't like again is that I need to dip my fingers in the product to get the cream out. 

Not very hygienic!!
This make-up removing cream does a good job even though it didn't remove my mascara and liquid eyeliner completely. But after washing my face with cleansing foam/ water it was all gone.
I also noticed that the product gets a bit oily after massaging it over my skin.
 I was using for example (from left to right):
Tear Drop Liner, Eyeshadow, Eyebrow Concealer, Liquid Eyeliner, Lip Gloss, Lipstick, Mascara & BB Cream
After massaging the Cleansing Cream over the make-up (pic above) and after wiping the residues off with a tissue (pic below).
How to use: Use hands to dispense cream. Apply cream to dry facial surface and massage until makeup is disolved. Wipe off face with facial pad/ tissues and wash with cleansing foam and water.

Price: around 8,- €/ US$10
Bought at: eBay (rubyruby76)    

What I love:  
The creamy texture and citrus scent!

What I don’t like: 
There is nothing I don't like yet. Other cleansing creams/ oils worked a bit better on me but it still removes make-up very well.

Will I buy this again? I would like to try out the Cleansing Lotion and Cleansing Mineral Water.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, there, nice review :)
    I'm gonna try it too since in ur review it pretty helpful in removing those make up, thanx for the info :)
    I am : baladapenulisamatir.blogspot.com and I followed ur blog^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, i have tht facial foam from this baking powder line and i like the smell of it! this one seems promising too :) tempted to try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the citrus scent is very nice! =D
      I just tried out samples of the cleansing foam before but ordered now the new Cleansing Foam Moist. Hopefully it has the same scent! ^^

      Delete