Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Soul of Asia ~ Seoul (South Korea)

Last year, after I left Australia once again, I made a stopover in South Korea. I stayed in Seoul from 03/12 to 03/17. This time I planned everything before and it worked out pretty well. I saw everything I wanted to see during this 6 days without spending too much time in the hotel.
The weather wasn't the best in March, it was cold but it didn't rain much.
I booked my flight with Korean Air and I had a Open-Return-Ticket which was valid for 1 year. It was a special ticket for people with a Work & Travel Visa.
The flight was with 11 hours from Germany - Korea and with about 10 hours from Korea - Australia quite long. I spent most of the time with sleeping and watching movies.
I made the stopover in Seoul on my return flight and I arrived at Incheon Airport on 03/12 about 7pm. I was exhausted and tired!! I wanted to take the airport shuttle bus for 14,000won (US$14) but got intercepted before by a taxi driver. It was a black limousine and cost me at the end about 160,000won (US$160). I was super angry about myself afterwards and never took a taxi again!!
I stayed for 5 nights in the CO-OP RESIDENCE - close to the 'Dongdaemun History&Culture Park Station'.
The room was small but big enough for me alone and came with a kitchen and free Internet.

I will finish this post with photos coz it would be too much when I write about every single day.

DAY 1:
Gyeongbokgung Palace
Gwanghwamun Square
Changdeokgung Palace
Changgyeong Palace
Insadong Street
Hangang River
  Some souvenirs I got on the first day!

DAY 2:
Itaewon Street
COEX Mall/ COEX Aquarium
World Trade Center
LOTTE WORLD

I got drawn as a mermaid at LOTTE WORLD.

DAY 3:
Deoksugung Palace
Namdaemun Market
N Seoul Tower

DAY 4:
National Museum Of Korea
Myeong-dong/ Myeong-dong Cathedral
Namsangol Hanok Village
Dongdaemun Market/ South East Gate/ Cheonggyecheon Stream

Seoul is definitely worth a visit. I really enjoyed my short stay and hope to go back one day!

10 comments:

  1. wow, nice photos ^_^ what camera do you use?
    i want to back to Seoul so badly T,T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx! =)
      I just use a simple FUJIFILM digi cam.. nothing special.

      Delete
  2. omg! you were in seoul! i am so jealous. but i am already saving up money for the flight because i really want to visit seoul.
    my number one place i want to visit is the cheonggyecheon river.
    i think it is super romanric and got a great history.
    i hope someday i can visit south korea :)
    have a nice day ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seoul is great! <3 But it's better to visit Seoul in spring or summer. March was cold and the sky was mostly grey.

      Delete
  3. oooh! I wish I could go to Seoul too someday! ♥ I've been lemming to! XD I guess you really had a great time!!! ^^

    Oh, how much did you pay for the room you got? (just in case I go there haha!) ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the room I paied between 300-400 Australian Dollars (for 5 nights). That was already a good price for a hotel (or rather a Serviced Residence) close to the city centre. It is located in the Dongdaemun area! =)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing! This was fun, I wish I knew some of the stories behind some of the photos (they look terrific!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which photos do you mean? Maybe I can tell you something about it?? =3

      Delete
  5. wow to meellaa
    did you visit etude or skin food or else there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I visited Seoul I didn't know most of the cosmetic brands. >< I remember that I went to Holika Holika, THE FACE SHOP and ETUDE HOUSE. Might be that I have been to other shops as well.

      Delete