Saturday, March 9, 2013

[Holika Holika] Oil Queen Cotton *PRIMER, PACT & MAKEUP FIXER*

[Holika Holika]'s product line for oily skin, named Oil Queen Cotton, was on my wish list since I saw them for the first time. The first product which I got was the Oil Queen Cotton PACT, followed by the PRIMER and MAKEUP FIXER. The powder pact is available as a loose powder as well but I didn't get this one because it reminds me too much of the [innisfree] NO-SEBUM Mineral Powder.

Description: No more too much oily skin trouble!


The whole Oil Queen Cotton line comes in the same cute design: a light blue/ pink outer packaging with white clouds on it. The descriptions are always in Korean and English on it.

Oil Queen Cotton PRIMER:
Description: Sebum control primer that controls overflow of sebum and changes the skin from an oily skin to a soft skin. SPF15

The primer is inside a white bottle with a pump on top and contains 30ml.
Some ingredients are Water, Silica, Cotton Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Fragrance and a lot more.
All products are free of Mineral Oil, Paraben, Talc, Vaseline and Ethanol, so it's also good for sensitive skin.
 
The soft scented, lotion-like primer has a whitish color with a hint of apricot/ beige. Because of its color it brightens up my skin what I don't like too much. That might be good for Asians but my skin is pale enough already, so I would prefer a colorless primer.
 Anyway, my skin feels moisturized, soft and looks less shiny afterwards but that effect only last for a few hours.

How to use: After base skin care, softly apply focusing on parts with sebum.

Price: around 10,- €/ US$12
Bought at: eBay (f2plus1)  

Oil Queen Cotton PACT:
Description: Sebum control Pact that controls overflow of sebum and changes the skin from an oily skin to a soft skin. SPF30

The powder pact is housed inside a white compact container which contains 8.5g of product.
A sponge and mirror are included!
The main ingredient is again Cotton Extract 0.05%. The ingredient list on the powder pacts outer packaging is written in Korean only but it's also free of Mineral Oil, Paraben, Talc, Vaseline and Ethanol.
The Oil Queen Cotton PACT is available in one shade only: white!! It's a finishing powder which you apply after your make-up. This way it will help to keep your skin longer oil-free. But be careful while applying because too much of it makes your skin white.
How to use: Use the built-in puff to take the legitimate amount and lightly tap on the face, focusing on the T-zone.

Price: around 9,- €/ US$7

Bought at: eBay (f2plus1) 

Oil Queen Cotton MAKEUP FIXER:
Description: Sebum control functional mist that controls overflow of sebum and lengthens the duration of makeup.

The rather small, milky white bottle with a spray pump contains 70ml.
Beside Cotton Extract 0.05% it also contains Water, Alcohol, Fragrance, Calamine, Wild Geranium Oil and Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract
It shall contain Island Glacier Water, too.
This makeup fixer is colorfree without a strong scent. It has a very fine mist what is good because so I won't get big water drops on my face or make-up.
Unfortunately, my face still gets oily after a few hours and I already used all three products together.
How to use: After makeup, lightly spray on the entire face focusing on parts with sebum.
Shake well before usage.

Price: around 10,- €/ US$8
Bought at: eBay (f2plus1)  


All in all, it's quite a nice product line for oily skin. It doesn't keep my skin oil-free for a super long time, though, but it still does a good job and might work way better on your skin!
However, I would prefer a colorless primer instead of one that brightens up my already pale skin tone. I will use it mostly on my T-zone only (same as the powder pact).
Among these products I would re-purchase the MAKEUP FIXER!

13 comments:

  1. I was really hoping that this range would work for you. My skin gets extremely oily throughout the day, especially during school. I'm actually looking for a good oil obsorbing pact but that powder is too white. I get ready for school fairly quickly so I have no time to actually blend thoroughly and always rush my routine.

    Thanks for the review~~

    Y-OONYEE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yap, when you apply too much of the powder your skin looks really white. Maybe the makeup fixer spray would be better for then. Just spray it on your face after u r done with ur makeup. ^^

      Delete
  2. Oh really interesting products. Surely I try the powder. Many thanks for your review.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So finally ur thought of those products are?
    All I can see is how to use, formula...I want to read your thoughts, your ratings abt them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I updated the review! Will use the products separately in the future (either just the primer or pact or fixing spray) and will see how it works then.

      Delete
  4. hI Im from Brazil and very interested in asian products, please, let me follow you by e-mail. You could put a free tag on your blog for that so, I will receive a e-mail every time you post a review. Its easier for me to read and follow you. thanks for your reviews they are very usefull! =D
    huggies from Brazil!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like innisfree no sebum mineral powder for my oily skin.. it's white but never been too white for me (i'm asian btw) because i tap my brush very very lightly..

    and it does keep my skin oil free for 5-6 hours, sometimes more.


    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the Loose Powder will work then for you as well?! Coz I got the pressed version only.

      Delete
  6. Have You tried Innisfree No Sebum Sunblock spf35? It's mattifying effect is trully stunning. Works great for my oily skin :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't! But it's a sunblocker... can I still use it under make-up? o.O

      Delete
  7. I actually use Urban Decay De Slick as a primer. I spray my face and then apply my foundation. Maybe try that too? It works better for me than if I spray after my make up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought the make-up fixer but the pump is broken TT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe you can pit it in another clean and clear spray bottle that you can buy in a convenient store ? !

      Delete