Tuesday, July 30, 2013

[SKINFOOD] STRAWBERRY BLACK SUGAR MASK *WASH OFF*

I was always a bigger fan of mud masks but recently I also love to use sheet masks. I got tons of those masks from Korea and Taiwan like Kieskin, My Scheming, My Beauty Diary, innisfree, DERMAL, VANEDO, PUREDERM and so on.
I like that I just put the sheet on my face, leave it on for about 20 minutes and remove it without washing it off. The quality of the sheets are different: some are a bit too thick, so that it feels not very comfortable on the skin, others are so thin that they easily break when I unfold them.
I got different types while my favorites are always those for troubled skin (tea tree, charcoal, propolis, mango) or just for moisturizing (bamboo, watermelon, seaweed, herbs).
I would like to try japanese sheet masks as well but I never find interesting ones except of the moisturizing LuLuLun FACE MASK.

Back to mud masks: I received two new ones. One of these is the [SKINFOOD] STRAWBERRY BLACK SUGAR MASK WASH OFF. Most of the korean masks I used were from [SKINFOOD] and I decided to get this one because it is a mix of a facial scrub and face mask. In addition, strawberry is often used in products for oily or troubled skin with enlarged pores.

Description: A facial mask that contains mineral-rich Brazilian black sugar along with strawberry seeds and strawberry seed oil. Applies smoothly on skin and leaves skin fresh, clean and fragrant with a strawberry scent.

Like all face masks from [SKINFOOD] the STRAWBERRY BLACK SUGER MASK also comes in a milky white, slightly see-through plastic container with a white twist-off lid and 100g inside.
The description is written in English and Korean!
The ingredient list is only written in Korean and hard to read for me. The only things I could find out are Sucrose/ Sugar (16,500mg), Glycerin, Candelilla Wax, Lanolin, Macadamia Seed Oil, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Strawberry Seed (1,000mg), Berry Seed Oil (500mg) and Caramel.
The consistency is rather thick and feels kinda oily. When applying the mask to the skin you can instantly feel all the sugar in it. The strawberry seeds are also visible in this reddish-brown 2-in-1 product.
The sweet strawberry scent is nice but I don't think that the scent last very long on my skin.
I use a spatula (not included) to take the product out and mix it with a bit water before I apply it to my face. Then I massage the STRAWBERRY BLACK SUGAR MASK for about 1 minute - the sugar will start to melt away and makes the mask more soft. It reminds me a bit of [Holika Holika]'s Pig-nose clear black head cleansing sugar scrub!
After another 5~10 minutes I wash it off with clear water.
Afterwards my skin really feels smoother and cleaner. The sugar works as a scrub and removes dead skin cells while the strawberry inside cleanses the pores.
Since I have sensitive skin I use it only once a week!
How to use: After cleansing, massage onto damp face, avoiding the eye and mouth areas. To minimize irritation add water or toner while massaging.
Leave for 10~15 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water.

Price: around 9,- €/ US$12  

Bought at: eBay (f2plus1)  
 

What I love:
My skin feels smoother and cleaner afterwards!
 

What I don’t like:    
The sugar might be too harsh for sensitive skin but when mixed with water it's way better.
 

Will I buy this again? Not sure yet because I always like to try out new stuff.

7 comments:

  1. You really do have a lot of sheet masks!!!! ;)The Skinfood mask looks nice but I see it has the same problem as the original Black Sugar Mask when it comes to sensitive skin.

    Kisses from Tras el velo de Isis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love sheet masks atm. xD an't get enough of them...
      I never tried the Black Sugar Mask but I think that both are quite similar. I always mix the mask with some water before massaging it on my face. =)

      Delete
  2. I use the rice one and love it. I'll have to try this one (:

    http://beautymeii.blogspot.com

    xxEmilie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the rice mask before, too, but that one is more gentle to the skin. This Strawberry Black Sugar Mask got sugar and strawberry seeds and might hurt a bit while massaging.

      Delete
  3. Won't it also make the skin a little 'lighter' over time because I think that strawberries have the 'bleaching' factor in it, it is sometimes used to make the teeth a little whiter as an instant fix ;)

    inezandherlittletreasure.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  4. can buy various Korean Cosmetics including all Korean brands at www.honestskin.com

    Innisfree, Dr. Jart, 3 Concept Eyes ( 3CE ), Missha, Etude House, TONYMOLY, Skinfood, Thefaceshop, Laneige, IOPE, Sulwhasoo, WHOO, Regen, and a lot more

    100% original factory shipped out product.

    www.honestskin.com

    just Register a member and get free USD2.00 point

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that when this mask is mixed with water it's much less harsh. I have the most sensitive in the world (officially) and I find if I gently pat this on it's fine after a minute when the sugar melts. It actually feels amazing and smells SO good! And I love your collection of sheet masks too ^^ I have a lot to use but haven't really noticed the difference between them lol, perhaps I will follow your advice and stick to the trouble skin ones! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete